Choices

Choices?

Why do we always end up making choices? Why does it always have to be me to make "the"  choice? I know hubby trusts my judgement that is why he depends on me to decide on  things like what restaurant to go to, what hotel to book , what airline, what menu...what paint color..what kind of luggage etc etc...i get it. I should take it as a compliment really that he counts on me  on these things. However, sometimes I guess I just want to have one option so there's nothing i can choose from.  I have this tendency to overthink a little so choosing between two things is kinda' difficult for me...and time consuming. Believe me, i think long and hard. Whether its shopping for clothes during a sale, or  picking the right cable package...I always have a hard time deciding on things.  I wish I could just flip a coin or something. It sounds easy but I know I won't be comfortable with that. I am usually in a sticky situation when I know I can't have/do the two things I want so I have to choose only one.
(side kwento) : As I am writing this entry, know that I am terribly ill. Oooops, not terribly terribly ill...just really ill , I guess.  Per my trusty mercury-in-glass thermometer, I have 38.7°c fever. Oui, j'ai encore la fièvre. So pardon my bluntness. Whatever I write here...just think I'm delirious. Thanks to Aud who started this whole thing! Not to mention Gerald, who gladly stepped into her daughter's shoes once A started getting better. Now, it's my turn. I am the last (hopefully the last) recipient of the  Audrae viral infection award. Argh. I hate flu! Big time!
This is my excuse for being grouchy.

Dr.Kaisin's assistant, (a pretty lady doctor in her early 30's),  came  a while ago to see me. After checking my throat blah blah blah...she said I have to rest for a week. A week?!!! Of course she doesn't know that it is already finals  next week and that I haven't taken  yet my first exam . I am not sure if I can catch up coz I missed  more than 2 weeks worth of lecture by now. Note that I belong to an intensive class so one day counts a lot! This brings me to my number 1 dilemma...

1. i have to make a choice between dropping out (while i still can & then repeat the level next September) and  taking the exams even if i missed two weeks worth of lecture.( Note that i take intensive classes so if i miss 1 day it's really a big thing already)...geez, i guess i already mentioned that. i'm really gettin old.

I prolly mentioned before  that my little A & I are going to visit my family in KSA this summer...which brings me to choose between..

2. Staying in KSA for 45 days like what Mama & Papa expected (since they are the ones who went thru all the trouble applying four our Visas and getting our tickets) & cutting the vacay short ...20 days short actually - just so I could attend the 2 wk  make up artistry  crash course i applied for this summer. In my defense, I still didn't know the KSA trip will push thru when I applied for the crash course.  Hayyyyy. 

 And now....I'm getting a migraine coz I got 8 calls today regarding the Phil. Independence Day Celebration on Sunday. Same as last year, they want me to host the program. The sum of money that I will earn from a half day work is pretty attractive, if I must say. I wish they offered me the same thing last year. Anyway, the problem is we already planned something on Sunday. Who would have thought that they're going to do it on a Sunday this year???? Last year, they held it on a Saturday  and the year before that....and even the year before that. Everybody thought nothing will change this year. Worse is that the organizers this year can't seem to decide what time they want to start the program. I was told last week the program will begin at two. Just tonight, I got a message they moved the program to 1pm. I think it's pretty odd that until now they do not have anything specific for the event on Sunday--considering it's just 5 days away! 

3. I need to choose between a meaty pay (plus free advertisement for my event planning business)  and a Sunday family fun ( Read: shopping, book fest, wine tasting, kiddie rides, burgers and genuine American hotdogs!)

Now all I gotta do is choose what I think is best. Ummmmmm....help?


Ooops, i needed to edit this post because as soon as I finished writing this entry last night I  realized I forgot one more thing.
Between this
 Croatia paradise

and this
Venetian Romantic City
(thanks to my friend shan for the photo)

...I like both but what will I choose?
Hubby said "it's all up to me"....
Why am i not smiling? 

Tic-toc..i have to decide soon coz we need to book early. Grrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment