Kiamoy/Champoy Cravings
The other day I was craving for some sushi and so I decided to make some. My hubby G loves sushi too so I wanted to surprise him as well. I was halfway preparing the ingredients when i realized I am going to run short on sushi vinegar. I do not know any Asian store near our place so I phoned a friend of mine and asked her to accompany me to this Asian store she knows near her area. Good thing she lives five minutes away from our place, otherwise , I would have lost my appetite already if it´s going to be a long drive to get there . It turned out that that the Asian store she was talking about is Vietnamese owned. Therefore, we weren´t able to find other Chinese goodies I have been craving about for almost a year now. Wondering what they are? Kiamoy and Champoy! Albeit as hard as I tried describing to the owner what they look like or how they taste like, he still wouldn´t get it. *sigh. I also looked for some white flower (you know the thing like yetin oil that when you spread just a little amount on your forehead, it would magically take away your headache). Seems like the Asian store wasn´t too Asian after all... how could you call your store Asian if you do not have anything Chinese? Oh well, it´s just a thought. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My gosh! White flower! It's so you! You haven't changed a bit girl! Hugs!
ReplyDeletehahah! oo naman super natatawa sila sa class kasi lagi ako may baon na KATINKO/ WHITE FLOWER/ VICKS... they dont know that i bring something to smell talaga kasi some europians stink--big time! naku! *bisous!!!
ReplyDelete