Aud's skin is ultra sensitive to dust, pollen, perspiration,cat/dog fur, stress...among other things. During her latest skin test , her skin reacted to 26 allergens. We have a family doctor whose clinic is just in front of our building. He specializes in family medicine. But in Aud's case, he asked us to see an Allergist and a Dermatologist. Good thing there is an Allergist/ Pediatrician who lives near our apartment. His name is Dr. Uve ,he's a German guy who's 6 ft tall & has a villainous laugh. Aud doesnt like him even if he gives her the yummiest animal biscuits. Her dermatologist, on the other hand, is a nice petite lady whose voice reminds me of Tinkerbell. Aud adores her but she prescribes the most expensive medicines! Aud deserves the best treatment so I dont look at the price tags anymore. I realized anywhere in the world, good medicines really do come in high-priced goodlooking packages. I think its really a good thing that we moved here in Belgium because the cold weather helped a lot to lessen her skin allergy breakouts. There is a thing called "seasonal affective disorder or SAD which is like a form of mental depression that is most common here in Europe during winter. I have an own version of that for aud & G...I call it "Seasonal Allergic Disorder" . Simply because Aud gets allergy attacks whenever there is a change of season like now. Spring is the season for pollen and allergies so we are extra careful. The temperature rises, the winds pick up and so the pollen levels.
Last year,I allergy proofed her room. With a heavy heart, I kept her stuffed toys. It was really sad because I knew how she liked them. We brought all of her toys when we moved here 2 years ago including the big Teddy bear that is actually bigger than her (a gift from Aunt Den)and Care Bear Pink (from Ninang Hazelle). They were her favorite stuffed toys. It pained me to know she couldn't play with them anymore. :(
Here are some pics of her toys that we kept in the cave (basement stockroom).They will remain there for a while until Aud outgrows her allergies... :)


Now, allow me to share with you the products I use to ensure my little A's glowing & allergy-free skin.
AUDRAE's Body Creams
Cold Cream from her Derma,Aveeno Cream,Eucerin Lotion, Eucerin SPF 50, AVene Tixera, Dermalex Cold Cream
Aud's Shower Companions
Ordinary Days : Galenco Body Wash Classic,
(hair) Ducray Elution ,Ducray Extra- Doux
if her skin is a bit dry - Eucerin Bath Oil,Oilatum Ducray Selegel (hair)
Aud's fave scents
DKNY Be Delicious apple, Yves Rocher Pomme de Reinette , Pucca Eau de Toilette

Our Must Haves...
American brands are hard to find here in Belgium. No wonder, even Mc Donalds are pretty scarce in this side of the world. Seems to me, they don't like anything American around here. I have been looking for make up products by Bobbi Brown and E.L.F. here but until now I cannot find a store that sells any of their products :(
Since we really need to purchase Eucerin and Aveeno for G & Aud, we have to ask relatives in the States to buy and send them to us via Post-Pac.. Thank God we can always count on our families abroad.
No comments:
Post a Comment