Humidity Blues



For somebody who isnt a fan of cold ,gloomy weather... I am delighted that winter is finally over. Brimming with excitement,I embrace the coming of spring. It brings me so much joy just thinking about all the activities my family can do now that the season has changed. I know hubby isnt too happy with this change simply because he is the kind who would want to have the winter season all year round. My little one prefers winter too. Not because she gets to wear her princess boots during snow season , but she gets allergies whenever it's hot. Good thing I dont have to worry about that yet.

If I havent known that its already the third day of spring, I would think it is still winter. Yes, the sun is making quite an appearance lately...but it's still very cold. It gets more extreme in the evenings. Much as Id like to turn the heater on all the time--I can't. According to our family doctor,Dr. Philippe Kaisin, the reason kids get cough sometimes is because of the dry air caused by heaters. Thank God for room thermometers and hair hygrometers ,we can check if we have enough humidity at home. If it goes less than 60°, we should open some windows to let some fresh air get in. If it goes above 70° and the room temp. goes down to 18°, we have to turn the heater on. The doctor advised us that our room temperature should be 20° and the humidity rate should not go below 60° and not beyond 70°. After following our Doctor's advice, we noticed that AUd's coughing stopped. Now, she gets 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep,making her mom and dad really happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment