Long Drive Must Have

I thought I'd never run out of tricks when it comes to keeping my three year old girl entertained. When I was her age, I didnt have the same number of toys, books, puzzles or board games. She has everything a 3 yr old could ever wish for. Toys, books..or anything in general are expensive here in Belgium that is why I can honestly say we have been truly giving with her. We sometimes sacrifice our own pleasures just to give her everything she deserves.



We recently took a long road trip and we realized books nor toys could get this girl entertained (anymore) inside the car. That is why we got her a portable DVD player..another long drive must have.



We opted for another brand that works as a TV too, but she prefers the one in pink. ( Influenced by her Auntie Den's pink Toshiba laptop) She will be the one to use it anyway so we gave in to her request.


We do not allow her to use the headphones as it could damage her hearing. I allowed her to use it a while ago on the condition that I will control the volume. She used it for 5 minutes and I kept it na.



And since we were already in Makro, we grabbed the chance to look for a new alarm clock. We think our old one isn't that effective. Either the ringer is too soft/ weak but everytime the alarm goes off, we just hit the snooze button and go back to sleep. This new one has an IPOD dock and an AM/FM radio. We liked it the minute we saw it coz it matches the player we have in our living room. Both black and both Sony.



The new wekker (Dutch for alarm clock) sits nicely on our bedside table.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly where you're coming from mare. I sometimes ask Richard if we're spoiling Aly, but I guess times are just different now. Mas high-tech na ang kids ngayon. During my time, I didn't have a lot of toys too but my cousins and I would play outdoors. Aly has never climbed a tree (not that I loved to do it when I was a kid); I've never seen her roll in grass either.

    So we should not feel guilty (I say we because I think we're on the same boat here) when we buy these "expensive" stuff for our kids. I'm sure we're not the only ones who do and surely, it really isn't much since we can afford it, right? Kasi kung too much yan, eh di hindi na natin nabili dba? Plus, that's the reason why our husbands work hard -- so he can provide for his family :) You and G are doing a great job with Aud and it really shows because she's a happy kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reassuring me kris that what we do is nothing but normal. Spoiling is letting them get whatever they want and giving them excessive stuffs we can hardly afford diba? As long as its within the budget , ok lang naman I guess. And I really think Aly and Aud are great kids, so they're worth every penny :) We are truly lucky to have them in our lives. The sweet thank yous & i love yous (with matching bear hugs pa) are just a bonus. :)

    Aud can't play outdoors since she has allergic reaction to grass. :( But ofcourse, as a mom, I want her to enjoy and experience the simple things in life..like climb a tree, play in the garden..roll in the grass..or just simply enjoy the sun. These things, unfortunately, she cannot do for the meantime. She has to outgrow first her allergies.

    ReplyDelete