We had a great five weeks in Riyadh. We wish though G & Jek were with us during the whole 5 weeks we were there. Riyadh was so much fun----specially in the evening! Hahahah...it's a blazing 43° - 46° during daytime so we seldom go out in the morning. Problem lang in the evening since mas madaming taong gising, (& so are the mutawas)....super limited ang picture taking! Aba, takot ko na lang makuha ang camera ni Mama, hehehe :) I knew about their no photography policy esp in public places so I didn't bring any cam. Meron naman si Den at sila Mama. It's just so sad, we can't share how some of the scenic parts of Riyadh look like kasi naman mutawas are just everywhere, parang they're just waiting for us to commit a mistake tapos ...boom! goodbye cellphone, goodbye SLR! phew. I was impressed with how our Pinoy OFWs have built a great city like Riyadh, gosh pang 1st world talaga ang views! Their public roads and highways are state of the art too! Sana lang I could have taken a picture or two..Hmp. I was most impressed with the ongoing construction of the largest university in the whole world. Yes, it's in Riyadh, near the airport....grabe may MRT line sa loob ...mas mahaba pa ata kesa sa edsa- quezon ave line ng MRT. Sana pagabalik namin pwede na picture taking sa labas hahah! (*wink at Papa, ahemmm....tickets, visa ...again pls! ) We will definitely miss our life in Riyadh....especially the people that make the city more fun and exciting---my folks and their friends :)







 |
| my girls hanging out |
 |
| Papa's Girl |
5 weeks in Riyadh made me realize 3 things. First, family time is so valuable. It's always high quality time just being around them. Getting to know your folks' friends (family) away from home is a plus.. Second, if you are allowed 46 kilos of check in baggage per passenger .. the whole truth is, they actually allow until 50 kilos. That's only in Saudi, I guess coz here in Brussels ...when they say 30 kilos---they mean it. Anyways, nakakapanghinayang lang kasi we still could have brought more. Not that I'm complaining but Riyadh is like the seat of commercialism. You can buy just about anything. It's a shopping heaven I wish we could have here in Belgium, where everything is relatively expensive. :( Third, if you didn't bring a camera---make sure you secure your own copy of all the pics. Unlike what I failed to do, ako na nga nagtransfer ng files from the cameras, aba I forgot pa to transfer copies to my own portable external hard drive. Shoot. So now, I'm waiting for Den to send me the pics. I am really not good with the internet and computer stuffs so I wouldn't know any file sharing network. Bummer. :(
Speaking of luggages...here's some of our fave stuffs we brought from the land of camels and crazy mutawas....
 |
| 1 whole luggage for toiletries! wala kasi St.Ives dito at VC. or baka meron wala pa nga lang ako nakikita:( |
 |
| trying on mom's shoes |
 |
| for my 30th... from Den ( last time I had swatch nung highschool pa ata, typical pasalubong ni papa from saudi) |
 |
| thanks den...i love it! |
 |
| u cant leave saudi without this---a balikbayan box! |
 |
Mama & Papa's gift ....
i love being 30! Love you Ma & Pa for this!
We love it! G & Aud are excited to use it na! |
 |
| this is what really made him happy: mongo bread, ube hopia and manok chicharon |
 |
| hahah, now you know why we needed those extra 8 kilos. dami pabaon nila mama -, we weren't able to bring na kasi we got scared na mag excess na naman kami like what happened last january. :( |
 |
| daming pabaon nila mama G & papa W |
 |
| for her allergies |
 |
| for pollen season:) thanks auntie den for coming up with this idea. hahah! |
My favorite items....
 |
| freebie lang ung small item |
 |
| experiencing DP season sale was really therapeutic for me :) |
 |
| will definitely use this on the 23rd |
 |
| we love their kenkoy ref magnets |
 |
| Itouch 4 32 GB & an Ipod Shuffle |
 |
at last nadagdagan na din si ipod video na mejo ancient na :)
|
Summing it all up, we enjoyed every minute in Riyadh. Yes it could have been happier if G went there with us..; but ofcourse we can't have everything we want right? So I'd settle with ...great times with my fam , fun bonding moments with sis and ofcourse Riyadh shopping! This is the first time that I came home with 4 pair of shoes,5 pair of pants, some dresses, 3 pairs of slippers and some other stuffs given as gifts from my Saudi folks. (Special thanks to Den for the slimming Dorothy Perkin dresses, can't wait to wear them !) Wonder what Aud brought back home? Naku, walng sinabi si Mommy! :) Super naspoil ang apo,when Aus says she wants to go to the mall -aba ang Papa Wie ang aga umuuwi from work para maipasyal ang baby nila.
Thanks Papa Wie, Mama Gie and Auntie Den for spoiling us every minute we were there. I will surely miss Mama's delicious meals, Papa Wie's crazy songs in the car and ofcourse movie moments with Auntie Den. Thank you for giving us a grand vacay! Sa uulitin? Sige na..yiheeee...love u all!!!!!
PS- will upload more pics esp Pop's bday celeb---paging Den---pls send pics right away..thanks..loveyah!
No comments:
Post a Comment