Argh, another exam week. In 4 days, my intensive Dutch course- level 2.1 will be over. Then another course starts in two weeks. I can't really say I have learned everything for 2 and a half months, considering I have been absent for several days. Thanks to that terrible flu I had for more than a week. In an intensive study such as the course I am taking now, everything is fast-paced. Quick thinking is imperative, otherwise I will be left behind. And of course, I do not want that. I love learning a new language because it is very challenging. Though I have to admit, for an average person like myself, it is really hard. Let's just say I don't have the gift for language learning like some people.
Those who have a flair for it need not to study hard like I do. It comes natural to them. I have not been blessed with such gift. However, I have the persistence to learn. I get good grades because I work hard, not because I have the "gift". Yes,I get confused most of the time. Who wouldn't? When I was just starting out , I really thought Dutch is very similar to English. I was wrong. Some words may sound like English words, but their definitions are totally different. Sentence formations are the hardest! Sometimes it frustrates me whenever I fail to put my thoughts into words. But like I always say, giving up isn't an option for me. When I decided to enroll for this course, I promised myself to do my best. This whole thing is not for me alone. I need to learn...for my A. I want to be able to help her with her homework and to communicate with her in a foreign language so we could explore a different culture together. I love to learn because the challenge really excites me.
And since Belgium is a bilingual country, Ik moet frans en nederlands studeren. Phew.
Hubby and I are happy that Aud will get to learn 3 more languages in school. Dutch, French and German. :) I hope she will be too.
No comments:
Post a Comment